Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sahara Region's-Countries


Countries in the Sahara
The countries in the Sahara region are:
Mauritania
Mali
Sudan
Libya
Algeria
Chad
Niger
Egypt
Morocco
Western Sahara
Tunisia
These countries are mainly in the northern part of Africa. Shown here in this map


If you look at a physical map you find some similarities in these countries. The most obvious physical similarity is that all of these countries are in the Sahara desert, hence the name of the Sahara desert. The Sahara desert covers 25% of Africa and is spreading at an alarming rate due to desertification. This are is also known as the Arab Influenced Africa, while below it is known as “Black” Africa

7 comments:

  1. The map you guys posted is very clear and gives me a good picture of what countries lie in he Sahara region. However I have a question about you last sentence, if the Arab Influence that part of Africa then why is it called Black Africa? Other than that I really enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing a project in my science class. May I please have permission to include this picture in my presentation?
    Thank You,
    Holly B.
    You can email me at peacechickhb@gmail.com to let me know if I can use this picture

    ReplyDelete